At present, the myth of homemade dishes that do badly to pets no longer exists. The kitchen is not only developed for humans, but also for our best friends. And during the summer and the heat what better option than salads for rich and varied dogs.
There are many options and varieties of dishes to give dogs, from simple recipes to more elaborate ones; all in order to make the animal’s nutrition more balanced and healthy.
There are many advantages of sharing culinary tastes with dogs, especially in terms of quality of life. It is always recommended consulting with the veterinarian the foods that each pet can ingest since some are more delicate of the stomach. Next, we will see the best salad recipes for dogs.
Pasta and sea dog salad
- Frozen fish
- Crab sticks
- Cook the pasta, carrots and spinach. Let cook well.
- Once the previous mixture is cooked, add the fish chosen for this dish.
- Mix everything, drain well and let cool to room temperature.
- Then, once at the appropriate temperature, add the crab sticks and the apple cut into cubes.
- Mix well until the ingredients are integrated.
- Finally, if you like, you can add a touch of carrot zest to the salad.
- It is ready for the dog to enjoy a fresh and delicious salad.
Rice salad with assorted vegetables
- Preferred protein: chicken, meat, tuna (500 grams)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 cups of water or broth without condiments
- 3 potatoes
- Wash all vegetables: broccoli, carrots, spinach, and sweet potatoes.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes.
- Clean the spinach.
- Then chop the broccoli, carrots and diced potatoes. Do the same with protein, be it meat, chicken or tuna.
- Then, add in a casserole all the vegetables. Also incorporate proteins, rice, and broth.
- Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the preparation stand.
- Mix again and serve at room temperature.
Sauteed Sardines and Vegetables Salad
- 5 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 clean sardines (no spines or skin)
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- Clean the sardines very well, so that there are no bones or skin left.
- Chop the two celery branches.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables into small dice.
- Place a pot with the water over medium heat.
- Incorporate all the ingredients and cook them for 45 minutes.
- Once finished, let stand, cool and serve.
- 2 cups of papaya
- Two cups of watermelon
- 4 bananas
- 1 apple
- A melon
- 1 liter of watermelon juice (optional)
- Clean the fruits by removing all the seeds.
- Once clean, cut all the fruits into dice.
- If you want, you can add a liter of watermelon juice to make this salad even more delicious.
- Ready to serve.
Salads for dogs: fish and asparagus
- Green or white asparagus (to taste)
- Clean fish (without bones)
- Eggs (to taste)
- First, verify that the fish has no bones. If you have, take them off.
- Then cook the fish and drain it.
- Saute the zucchini, mushrooms, and fish in oil.
- Then, beat the eggs and stir with all the cooked ingredients.
- Finally, add the asparagus and carrot zest to the still-hot mixture.
- Let stand and cool before serving.
Tuna and Vegetable Salad
- 1 slice of tuna without skin or 1 can of tuna
- 2 celery sticks
- Two carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- If you choose a slice of tuna, make sure you don’t have skin before cooking it. In any case, a can of tuna will go perfectly.
- Cut the celery, carrots, and potatoes into small cubes.
- Cook the vegetables and let cool. The concept of ‘ al dente ‘ is not our pets, so it is best that the vegetables are soft and well cooked.
- Once all cold, mix the vegetables with the tuna and add the teaspoon of olive oil.
- Let stand and serve another interesting sample of salads for dogs.